Here I am on day five of my challenge and it’s one I’ve looked forward to. I try, daily, to think about things that make me happy – or things that I’m grateful for. So, things that make me happy right now:
1. Family. I am so lucky when it comes to my family. My mum, dad, sister, brother-in-law, gramps, husband, sister-in-law, mother-in-law and father-in-law. As you can see I’m a very lucky person.
2. Friends. When I was younger, a teenager, there were a group of us that hung out together – 16 in total. I’m so lucky to still be in touch with all these wonderful woman – in fact, I’m visiting some of them this weekend – and I’m really happy about it. Plus I have my friends in Edinburgh who are some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. Some of them I’ve known for 15 years and some I’ve known since August but I’m so lucky to have these people in my life.
3. Fur Babies. My cats are a constant source of happiness if I’m honest. Despite waking me up at ridiculous times and using my face as a pin cushion, I love dearly. Their little mews and mad hours make me laugh so much.
4. My relative health. I know that I’ve discussed my psoriatic arthritis before and how it is very life changing. One of the first things I did when I was diagnosed was join some Facebook groups and by being part of these groups I’ve realised that I’m actually quite lucky, we definitely caught it quite early, which hopefully means we’ll be able to limit the damage it can do.
5. My Job. I get to work in one of the most rewarding sectors possible. Working with children is definitely not for everyone but I can’t imagine not working with them! It is a very demanding job but I love it.
So there’s my list of what makes me happy right now. What is making you happy just now?