So this is literally the only picture of myself I could find at the age of 16 and it is from the yearbook of that year. Most horrifying for me was the fact that I thought I was fat then – jeez, as they say:
Today’s challenge is to list 10 things I would say to my 16 year-old self, if I could.
- Stop worrying what other people think about you – cause really the only opinion that should matter is your own and actually most of the time – other people aren’t even thinking about you at all!
- Look after your body – it’s the only one you get!
- And whilst we’re at it – work out a skin care routine and stick to it – keep your skin looking young!
- Whilst you shouldn’t stress about exams, you should work harder for them – don’t always take the easiest route.
- Enjoy your teenage years and twenties. It goes bloody quickly!
- DRINK WATER PAVEY!
- You are not stupid, you are not ugly, you are not fat. You are amazing! Stop comparing yourself to your sister – you are not the same person! And whilst we’re at it – stop comparing yourself to anyone.
- Get out and walk in the woods more often – you’ll miss them when they are gone!
- Make sure you always build other people, especially women, up. Never tear them down.
- SMILE! LAUGH! ENJOY!